Monday, June 16, 2008

SIPA Class 2010 Introductions...

Yippee! I am now officially a member of the SIPA class 2010. Google group for my class is
sipa-class-of-2010@googlegroups.com

Ever since, I joined the group, I am inundated with introductions from super-duper-extra-smart-top-notch-multi-lingual-activists-and-
travelers-and-high-profile-officials-with-tongue-twister-names, making my experience in software and NGO's very insignificant. It will be a great privilege to be part of this class of 2010 at SIPA and to learn about their cultures, languages and above all their passions to do the right thing for our world that we all share.. It is one of the most diverse student body with students from more than 78 countries. Probably i can learn lot more from student interactions and discussions than from actual lectures and I feel that the entire student loan is probably worth it for just getting to know these guys. I can't wait to meet these guys in August!. Happy me!

Some of the excerpts from the student introductions in SIPA class of 2010.

"I was Deputy Trade Commissioner at the Embassy of Mexico "

" and a captain in the US Army. I graduated from West Point in '02, and I'm going back there to teach American politics"

"I took time off to volunteer at an orphanage in Kashmir, India"


"I spent a year in China, teaching English to hospital clinicians and administrators. I've been working in economic consulting for the past 3 years"

NGO experience in the form of volunteer work with a disaster relief and humanitarian assistance organization operating mostly in the northern areas of Pakistan

I went to a party where Stevie Wonder showed up. He sang "Isn't She Lovely" and it made my year. I'm a peace activist. (That's my actual job)

I'm of Israeli and Swiss nationalities . ... I've lived in France and the States.....involved in both advocating for Israel and peace/ inter-dialogue activities which concern the Middle East

I finished my B.A. in History/Latin American Studies last year at NYU.I lived in Santiago, Chile for a year studying at the PUC and have traveled extensively through South America.

am working for the Treasury since 2001 in Ankara.

I have lived in Guatemala for the past 3 years,I work at a super NGO, with groups of visitors, education programs, and driving and translating for clinic staff when I get the chance.

I went to India for a year to work with migrant diamond workers on creating a broad nonformal education curriculum in the slums of Surat, Gujarat, dealing with access to social services and public health resource

grew up in different parts of India. I worked as a federal healthcare policy reporter for several years. left my "job" working on a large scale randomized evaluation of education policy options in Andhra Pradesh

given me the opportunity to co write a book regarding the Agriculture Development in Mexico.

I'm a journalist.I've been working for the past 4 years at the oldest Venezuelan journal.

I am working in West Africa specifically Mali and Senegal.

I'm originally from Poland, went to law school there been actively working with an environmental foundation in NYC

working on literacy projects in the rural central Dominican Republic and I also co-directed a summer camp program for children on the DR's North Coast

working as a country manager for a USAID funded project called Education & Employment Alliance in Islamabad Pakistan.

singaporean, lived a year in taiwan and did my bachelor's in international politics at peking university. speak fluent english, chinese and french, and am planning to pick up korean, japanese and/or spanish.

BA in Political Science and Public Management from the University of Konstanz and a Master of Science degree in Development Studies and Population Studies from the London
School of Economics.

I am originally from Perth in Western Australia...eld various financial analyst roles, with my last job specifically related to wind energy

background is engineering and international relations, and I also have a degree in behavioural science.... am teaching myself Arabic

of my time since graduating from GWU in Vietnam- working and studying in both Hanoi and Saigon..

Japanese....ith the U.S. EPA for a year as a sustainable tourism researcher.

originally from Israel...ave worked in various capacities (internships and fellowships) at the UN headquarters in NYC

parents are both from Mexico.2 years off to be a Director of a community program that worked out of 5 high schools and helped students, mostly Latina/o and African American,

spent the past year on a research gig in India

old from Bombay .. worked in Investment Banking for the last 3 years..

I´m from São Paulo, Brazil... 1.5 year as an intern in Corporate Social
Responsibility at a large
bank in Brazil... management consulting services to charities and the government of Alberta.

speak Spanish and Mandarin Chinese decently,.China working with students from Renmin University in Beijing to do consulting projects for the Beijing Olympic Games..

2 comments:

Roberto Pesquera said...

Thank you for the time dedicated to create this Blog. It's fantastic!! I'm looking forward to meet you soon. Roberto Pesquera

Anonymous said...

hi I've gotten accepted to mpa esp for the 2011 batch, pretty much in the same situation as you were when you joined, no money....was curious to know how you're doing now it was lovely reading your blog

S